Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Two posts in one day?! Unprecedented, but I thought I should practice posting photos so we're ready to show off come January. So here, for those who care about such things, are the before and after shots of our bathroom.

You'll notice the lovely 60s-era harvest gold fixtures. I hear these are retro-chic now. I've never been chic and don't need to start in my bathroom. This photo shows the two primary reasons for the project beyond just plain ugliness: the floor tiles peeling back next to the tub and the makeshift shower.




We still need to chose a paint color and paint the walls that haven't been tiled (not really visible in this picture.) And the light fixture arrived the day after the workers left, so it will wait until they return for the final touch-ups next week. Other than that we're done. Very glad to be out of our temporary bathing quarters in the (unfinished) basement.