Thursday, December 22, 2005

Good thing no one started obsessing yesterday, because it was definitely TSTO. My blood pressure was better today--still not perfect at 114/87, but good enough to be sent home to wait for the lab results. Dr. Kennedy called later with the results which were also in the acceptable range so for now we're in the clear. I will go in on Sunday at some point for a blood pressure check and non-stress test, possibly repeat the labs, and see where things stand. If we stay on an even keel, I'll be checked again at my regular Wednesday morning appointment next week. If anything changes between now and Sunday or between Sunday and Wednesday in terms of how I feel, I will not wait for those scheduled times. Basically, I'm on the verge of preeclampsia and there's no way to tell how or when it will escalate. Dr. Kennedy did say not to expect to go all the way to Jan. 6. John and I had thought even before this that it was a little unrealistic to believe that we could actually plan and control on some level. We should know better!

Yesterday and today they gave me the two steroid shots that will help the baby's lung maturity. And at 35 weeks tomorrow, it's safe to assume this baby will be strong enough to face the world whenever the time comes. And we can't wait to meet you Pele! In the meantime, keep kicking...