Tuesday, May 22, 2007












Edward is getting much better about wearing his hat. So good in fact that he now will find one laying around and attempt to put it on his head. He has achieved varying degrees of success. On Sunday afternoon, he tried a new variation on the theme.











John notes that it is a major concession to vanity that he allows these to be posted. I said he's got nothing on me, given the video of my reaction to Ed's first steps that I allowed to be made public.

This was a rare moment of tranquility as Edward has spent the last few days welcoming four molars. I think he'll like them in the long run, but for now, they're nothing but trouble. His other teeth came in just two at a time, either top or bottom on both sides. We've dosed him with Tylenol and allowed some extra pacifier time (usually this is reserved only for bed) as well as more frequent flopping on a parent while watching Thomas the Tank Engine. This time it's a quadruple whammy. While I don't like to see him sad or in pain, there are no words for my gratitude that this is happening now and not during our long car trip to Joe's wedding next week!

Maybe when he feels better he'll want to try another encounter with the sprinkler, as shown here. He wasn't too sure about it, when I turned it on on a hot afternoon last week. It didn't help when I accidentally soaked him while trying to adjust the height of the spray. He likes water in his "bubble cup" and in his bath though, so I think he'll figure this out.