Monday, November 28, 2005

Another Monday appointment this week. Back to Wednesdays next week. Today was another speedy one, even with the non-stress test--only an hour total, though they'd said the test alone could take a full hour. I believe we can attribute this at least in part to the baby's constant activity. It did not take long to demonstrate the range of heartrate they're looking for on the non-stress test. I think the nurse said they need to see it move up and down 15 points. Little Pele (as John as taken to calling him/her) was as calm as 130 at rest and as high as about 165 while wiggling. The nurse was very impressed with the rapid results and said the baby showed excellent neuro function--a level not expected until 32 weeks, which isn't until Friday. I don't quite understand how this test is connected to measuring neuro activity, but I'm sure one of my medical siblings can explain.

My blood pressure was fine--126/78 in the office visit (sitting up) and 118/86 during the non-stress test (reclining.) The nurse said it usually goes down when you put your feet up. Hmmm...note to self...built in excuse for sloth. And apparently I did not fully indulge in Thanksgiving gluttony as my weight did not change since last week. More stuffing please!