Wednesday, January 26, 2011

This afternoon Daniel came out of the bathroom, frustrated, with his pants and underpants twisted from his attempts to dress after peeing. He walked in to the room where I was folding laundry pulling on his pants and grunting from the exertion. Finally in frustration he yelled out, "No, thank you, Bob!" His underpants were Bob the Builder.

Also yesterday he wanted me to rub his back while he fell asleep at nap time. I promised I would come back to do it after I read Edward a book and settled him for his nap. It only took about 10 minutes but by the time I came back in he was flat on his back, eyes struggling to stay open. When I reached under the cover to rub his belly, his shirt was already raised up to his armpits. He'd belly-rubbed himself into a catatonic state.

The picture above is from a few weeks ago when he insisted on getting out his new stamps from Aunt Nora first thing in the morning. He'd wanted to do them at bedtime, and when his repeated requests fell on deaf ears we finally agreed he could do them in the morning. I should not have been surprised that he remembered.