Sunday, January 16, 2011

Did you hear that scream on Friday afternoon? That was me finishing my last MBA class.

WOO HOO!!!!

It's been five and a half years and there definitely were times I questioned why I was torturing myself, but it feels like a great accomplishment. Just please don't ask, "So what are you going to do with it?" I don't know. I don't have any immediate plans to change jobs, as there are few, if any, that would offer me the flexibility I have now. I started the program to fill time and space at a time when I needed distraction. I continued it because I figured even though it would be a slow slog, I didn't want to ever find myself shut out of an opportunity for lack of a master's degree. The right opportunity will present itself, and that's enough for now.

This last class was just one week, but 8 a.m.-5 p.m. (ish) each day. My parents came out to hang with the boys on Monday and Tuesday, John's parents picked them up from school and kept them for the afternoon on Wednesday and Thursday, and John took Friday afternoon off to be with them. A fitting end, as this group has been supporting me all the way through this program.

John and the boys were prepared for my arrival home. John had taken them to pick out some festive balloons (pink and purple were required colors, and they wanted one that said "Mom"--not necessarily an easy purchase in January, but John called around and found one.) John strung up a banner in the kitchen and baked a celebratory oatmeal pie.

So I know I'm way behind on the blog right now, but let's just let this one stand alone. I'll have time in the days ahead to catch up on the rest.