Monday, February 22, 2010

This is a special "Gram and Bridget" edition of the blog.

Last Wednesday at nap time, Daniel insisted that the only book he wanted to read was "Hop on Pop." This proved problematic, as we don't actually own "Hop on Pop," but frequently borrow it from the library. I tried promising that we could go to the library after naps, but since he has no concept of time, this totally did not work. He ended up flopping in bed in tears. Which lasted about six seconds before he fell asleep. He comes home from daycare exhausted!

So, true to my word, we went to the library that afternoon and got the book. I can not begin to count how many times I've read it since then. He simply can not get enough. I'm slightly ashamed to admit that when he brought it to me again this afternoon, I groaned. Audibly. I told him I would read it "in a minute," but he plopped on the floor, book in lap and said, "I wanna see 'sad dad bad had,' " which, for the uninitiated, is a double page spread in the book about sad dad who had a bad day. Then he brought it back to me saying "cup pup up," the first page in the book. He stood next to me and proceeded to "read" almost the whole book while I held it and turned the pages. Too bad I didn't keep track of how many times I'd read it this week, because apparently it's the magic number for toddler memorization.

When John got home, Daniel was ready for another round. Warning: this video is LONG (3 min.) and probably will not make sense if you don't know the book. This one is for Gram.



As always, Daniel wanted to "see Daniel" as soon as he got done. Edward then decided that he needed to get in on the performance action and reminded me that I've been trying to get him to sing one of his new songs "for Aunt Bridget." Up to now, each request has been met with indifference/refusal. But tonight, for your viewing pleasure, here is Edward singing the days of the week in Spanish: