Thursday, January 31, 2008

On Tuesday, Daniel surpassed the 200 diaper mark--pretty impressive for a kid who is just three weeks old today! In addition to just how tiny a 7-pound baby is, one of the things we'd forgotten about a newborn is what it's like to change 10 or more diapers daily. We're not really counting--I just noted the 200 milestone because I realized I was opening the sixth package of Huggies Newborns and there are 40 in each package.

Not too much to report. We're back in the deep freeze, and Daniel and I haven't left the house since Sunday. I'm going a little nutty on the post-surgery activity restriction. I feel completely fine, but have to abide by the "no lifting" restriction for another 1 to 3 weeks--the standard discharge instructions say four weeks, but my doctor said six. John is the enforcer and he thinks we should go with what the doctor said.

So Daniel and I stay home for such exciting activity as arm waving and head lifting. This is much more exhausting for a three-week-old than a 34-year-old so after a performace like the following, he usually requires a few hours sleep. I'm a fan of the nap myself, but usually only once a day.