Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Daniel weighed 7 lbs. 6 oz. at today's doctor appointment--back to his birth weight and beyond at 13 days. Speaking of birth weight, we've learned that the grams to pounds conversion we were first given, and which we reported here, was incorrect. His actual weight was closer to 7 lbs. 2 oz. Today's doctors still thought Daniel looked yellow down to his waist, but since it's not getting worse and since he'd gained an impressive amount of weight (44 grams per day since Friday) they decided they didn't need to take any blood for a bilirubin check. They'll see him again in February for his one-month check up.

In other news, I am wearing pants that button at the waist! Granted they're a size bigger than I've been wearing the last few years, a relic from a heavier period in life, but still, no elastic. For around the house I'm perfectly comfortable in my sweats, but it's nice not to look like a total slob on my infrequent forays into the real world.