Wednesday, October 26, 2005

All is well with both the baby and me. My blood pressure was 124/70, proper weight gain and measurements etc. The baby's heart rate was a little higher--152-156 she said, but it was a different nurse, so who knows if they all count the same way.

My mom, wise in all things, especially when and how to expand your worry list, asked me last week if I'd stay on the heparin all the way through delivery. "Wouldn't it be dangerous to enter surgery while on blood thinner?" she wondered. As always, Mom was right. I asked Dr. Kennedy about the heparin schedule and she said I would not be on it at delivery, but just one day off will be enough time off to return to normal for surgery. So I just won't take it the day before the C-section is scheduled. She's not sure whether I'll need it after, but doesn't think so. She thinks continuing the
baby aspirin will be enough, but reserves the right to change her mind.

Just so it doesn't seem like I'm coasting through problem free, I will admit to some lower back/leg pain on the right side that makes walking--my primary form of exercise--less comfortable. Dr. Kennedy smiled and nodded knowingly when I told her about it--just another one of the things I didn't get far enough to experience last time, she said. She said the baby's position probably is putting pressure on my sciatic nerve(s?) and it could continue or the baby could move, relieving the pressure. She offered to send me to physical therapy if I want it, but we'll see. It's not debilitating, just sort of a stiff feeling. Definitely contributes to the "pregnancy waddle" or maybe it's vice versa. Once I get going and loosen up a bit it's better. I can still make it all the way home from work, though I didn't hesitate when John found me on my walk this evening and stopped to pick me up!