Wednesday, January 01, 2014

Edward got bored while we were watching the Hawkeyes play the Outback Bowl and was being distracting/annoying. I suggested he go play with Lego if he didn't want to watch the game with us.

"What should I build?"

House. No. Skyscraper. No. Boat. I already have my Lego Coast Guard boat.

Football player? Yes!

Then he asked who we thought was the best player on the Iowa team. We suggested defensive lineman James Morris.

Although the Hawks ultimately lost the game, I'd say the day was a win for Edward and Lego James.

Yes, he's aware that defensive players don't see much ball carrying time, but when you have the pieces to approximate a Lego football, you just gotta run with it. Also, the helmet was hinged so it could flip down over the face.
No detail escaped his attention. The white piece here is supposed to be the towel he noticed players keep at their hips.