Sunday, December 08, 2013

Two inches of blowing snow prevented Edward from participating in a construction workshop (Lego, Keva, K'nex) at the Putnam Museum (children's science center) in Davenport, about 50 miles away. He'd really been looking forward to it, and I hated to have to tell him we couldn't go. I even went out to the interstate to check the driving conditions. It felt very slippery to me, though people were whizzing by me at full speed. Ultimately, the logical part of my brain kicked in, and I knew that driving 50 miles in the snow to play with Lego was not a good idea. (I suppose some might say it was a crazy idea even without the snow.)

He took it in stride, partly because the friend he was supposed to go with invited him to play for the afternoon--snow fun! But before he left, he had his own mini-workshop, in which he created:

"A DJ hat and DJ...um...thingies. I don't know what these are called." Turntables? "Oh, yeah, that's it." Next we'll work on vocabulary for "DJ hat."