Wednesday, July 10, 2013

My parents were visiting this weekend for the 4th and came to Mass with us on Sunday morning. The boys were on very good behavior, looking forward to a hotel swim afterward. (Also, it helps to have extra adults as barriers between them.) Anyway, after Communion, my mom fished a piece of paper and pen out of her purse to quash Daniel's restlessness. After Mass, he showed me his drawing:

"Look, Mom, a crime scene!"
To which I replied, "Well, that's very holy."

He didn't quite get what I meant, so I said, "You know, holy, for church. Like God and Jesus."

"Oh," he replied. "I can draw a holy picture too." So on the way to the pool this is what he came up with. (My notes added after the fact)

Edward's contribution: "Make sure you put Jesus on the right of God."

Well, I guess they are listening. Sometimes.