Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Edward needed a family picture for the center of a star he was asked to decorate and return to school on the first day. The five points were to be decorated with his interests--he chose Lego, Titanic, riding bikes/playing outside, vehicles and knights/castles.
They played Pomp and Circumstance for the graduates this evening, but no tears here. Perhaps it was a good idea to spend the whole day leading up to graduation one-on-two with the children, whose idea of a fun day was riding buses all over town and then not taking naps. I wasn't feeling very sentimental. I almost lost composure when I saw two other moms crying because I pretty much always cry when I see other people crying, but I looked away and held it together.

Each graduate received a special award/gift from the teachers, personalized to their interests. Edward's was the "Sir Edward" award in recognition of his knight fascination and the fact that he started most days in the classroom fashioning personal chain mail from a set of some sort of linking building blocks.

Boys are tucked in now and getting ready for the big day.