Tuesday, April 27, 2010









Not much to say tonight, but a few fun pictures to share. John and I both were in need of new photos for our Facebook profiles. John's was a shot of him on the sledding hill with the boys and mine was a picture I love from our Arizona trip last year. Both a bit dated. These are the updates.

After dinner last night we were all playing together when Edward stood up while playing in the tunnel and declared, "Look, I'm a tuba." We thought this was funny enough to run for the camera.
Shortly after that, Daniel climbed up in my lap and John captured this shot:That made it seem possible that I might be able to recapture what I loved about my old photo, so I forced Edward to come join Daniel. Some slight resistance and goofy faces ensued, but we finally captured the shot at the top of this post. Then of course John wanted one too. We didn't think the boys would stand for it, and indeed, there was a bit more goofiness and a lot more wiggling, but we got one he liked too. Mission accomplished.

Next we have what happens when you go from bike helmet to dinner table without a second's pause:


It was "crazy hair day" at school today, but Daniel apparently reserved his craziest look for our dining pleasure. (And a bit of chin jelly from eating his toast vertically rather than holding the bread horizontally and taking bites like a normal person.)

Here he's showing the "cookie" I made today. It's a recipe from our local grocery store magazine that uses an organic cookie mix plus dried cranberries. Not bad--I thought it had an odd texture, possibly due to being gluten-free--but tasted good. The kids liked them and they're quick and easy to make, so a successful experiment.