Thursday, September 11, 2008

It's way too late for me to be up, but I'm still decompressing after my class. This semester I'm taking Managerial Finance and it's "not my favorite." Tonight was better than last week, but there are still nine weeks to go. I will definitely have something to be thankful for when Thanksgiving rolls around and I'm all done!

Once again, Daniel's "month" picture was taken but not posted on the big day. Yesterday marked eight months since his arrival. I'm trying to savor all these baby moments, but it's really speeding by. He has two teeth (middle, bottom) and likes to chew on anything within reach. He also is determined to give up the sedentary lifestyle and go go go! He's got crawling figured out--still not terribly fluid in movement, but he gets around. Now he's working on pulling himself up to standing. I think he needs more upper body strength for that. As we move into fall, we actually have clothes that fit him--Edward's cool weather 12-18 month clothes, which he wore when he was actually 12-18 months, as opposed to his bruiser brother.

But just to show that he has his aura in balance, here is a bit of baby yoga, Daniel's impression of the "downward facing dog" position. I actually am not a practitioner, but this still cracks me up. He does it a lot, but can't hold it very long, so capturing the picture was tricky.

Since all the photos are Daniel, I'll end with an Edward story. We had a babysitter tonight just for an hour because I was going to have to leave for class by 5:30 and we weren't sure John would be home by then. (His weekly newspaper is finalized on Thursdays and sometimes things run late.) Our new house is around the corner from my boss's house and his daughter has been chomping at the bit to babysit. I thought this was a good opportunity to introduce her to the boys--I would be here part of the time and John would come home shortly after I left.

She arrived and I brought her in to where Edward was playing, announcing, "Edward look, Emma is here to play with you!" He looked dubious and I tried to remind him of other times he'd met her. He kept giving her this sort of evil eye and finally said, "What do you start?"

We were perplexed. "What do you mean," I asked.

"What letter you start?" he demanded.

"Oh, Emma starts with 'E!' Who else starts with E?" I prompted.

"E for Edward!" They are now best buddies.