Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Here's a link to our house listing that includes the realtor's "virtual tour," which is kind of cool. (Click the circle in the upper right hand corner.) We've already had more showings in the first three days (4) than we had the whole month we had it listed last summer, so that's a positive. Now we just need someone to fall in love with it...or at least think it's a good place to spend the next few years.

On the downside this week, Daniel has conjunctivitis--pink eye, although, as we discovered, with infants you don't get the tell-tale pink, just lots and lots of goop. We'd seen goopy eye before with blocked tear ducts, but when his teachers reported Tuesday that he'd only eaten two ounces all morning, I knew something was wrong. He usually wolfs down both four-ounce bottles. So now he gets ointment rubbed in four times a day, and after not even a full 24 hours the goop is gone. He did have to stay home from daycare today though--have to be on the meds for 24 hours before you can go back. I just feel bad he was there Monday and Tuesday probably contagious. Oh well, chances are he got it there anyway so I'm not the only one sending a germy kid to school.

Even bigger news from this doctor visit though: Daniel weighed in at 15 pounds 2 ounces! I shouldn't be surprised as I'm the one lugging him around all the time and my back is breaking. Just checked the blog archives to confirm that despite Edward's rep as a chunky baby, Daniel is actually heavier now (a week after his three-month birthday) than Edward was at his 4-month check up. Perhaps its all an elaborate scheme to get out of wearing hand-me-downs. If he bulks up fast enough the seasons won't be right for the sizes. He's been wearing 3-6 month clothes since around 2 months. The tags say these are good for up to about 16 pounds. So he could be in 6-9 month clothes before he's even four months!

We had a gorgeous 70-degree day here--the kind of spring day we don't get very many of so we like to savor them. Tomorrow it will be 50 and rainy so today we basked in the sun--well, as much as the pasty can actually bask. Edward was eager to try out his new bike helmet. Seems like overkill for a big-wheel, but they have the kids wear them on bikes at the daycare so we thought consistency was probably a good idea. Edward was also excited about wearing short sleeves today. After getting dressed this morning he shouted, "I got TWO elbows!" and ran around showing them off.

Daniel thought he'd use my wrist as a teething toy as I was clipping his nails tonight. It's hard to capture in a photo, but it was cracking us up. He was gnawing and slobbering away as I tried to keep both of us steady enough for a clean clip.

Over the weekend I received a $200 check in the mail from the University. My paychecks are direct deposit (and thankfully, a bit more than that each month!) and I haven't had any expenses to reimburse lately so I couldn't figure out what it was for. I finally remembered to call today to ask about it. After reading her the invoice number and confirming the amount, she said, "This is for patient William Kenyon from 2004. You overpaid so we are sending this refund."

Will keeps popping up when we least expect him. He'll be with us Saturday for our annual March of Dimes walk. I hope he'll send us some sun, or at least hold back the rain.