Saturday, November 24, 2007

Update: We made it through the night with only one brief interruption. Edward cried at about 2:45 a.m. and I went in hoping to help him find his pacifier and settle back down. (Yes, he still uses one, but only in bed!) He stood up and was clinging to me so I picked him up and cuddled a few minutes before trying to set him back in the bed. He squeezed his arms around my neck and tried climbing back up my torso with his feet, all while crying. So I lay next to him in his bed until he fell back asleep--about half an hour. I tried to leave sooner, but he popped his head up to object. Luckily that cry brought John so I could request a blanket. You can see from the picture that we didn't bother with blankets for this bed. Edward just kicks them off, so I figured, what's the point? At 3 a.m. I discovered the point.

He slept in until about 7:15 this morning (usual wake up is about 6:30.) He did this the last two mornings in his crib though, so I can't fully attribute it to the new comfy confines. Perhaps it's the fact that we're not up and around getting ready for work. Whatever the case, we'll welcome the extra bed time!