Thursday, August 17, 2006

John recently noted that it really seems like Edward is actually playing with the toys we give him. He explores every angle with his fingers and mouth. When we stack the blocks, he knocks them down with his hands or feet. He's discovering details like fringe on the giraffe he's playing with here and manipulating it with his fingers. We've had gorgeous weather the last few days so after naptime we've been taking the blanket out to the yard to play outside. It never takes him long to realize he can pull the blanket back to reveal the fascinating grass underneath. He pulls it up by the fistful and tries to put it in his mouth. Luckily John doesn't use any chemicals on it, but still, I watch closely to interrupt the progress from ground to mouth.

He's sleeping better now that the meds have taken effect for the ear infection. However, this morning he woke up coughing at about 5 a.m. and never really got back to sleep. Not sure if that was what prompted his first nap of the day, but it sure was cute. I had just given him his cereal and banana and was working on my own bowl of cereal when I looked up to see him like this.

Well, he's getting impatient with my computer time, so I'll sign off with one last photo of the red pants that were part of this week's fabulous package of hand-me-downs from his cousin Sean courtesy of my amazing sister-in-law Diana. Ed will be well-dressed at least 'til his birthday in these duds!