Monday, July 31, 2006

Apparently a clarification is in order. My mom admitted to me last night that Edward actually ate his first Cheerios while she was watching him earlier this month. I don't know why she thought it had to be a secret, but I'm sure he'll have more "don't tell mom" moments with his grandparents (both sets) in the years ahead!

Anyway, unless my mom also gave him meat on that babysitting gig, tonight Edward officially left vegetarianism in the dust (sorry Bridget!) He ate a baby food combo of sweet potatoes and chicken. John thought this sounded terribly suspect so he decided to taste a bite first to be sure it was OK. I know, I couldn't believe it either! But I guess it wasn't too bad because he started feeding it to Edward, who ate the whole 4 oz. jar.

Today's mail brought yet another request from our insurance company to complete a survey regarding one of Edward's recent doctor visits. I think they're sending one after every appointment. Or maybe it's just May and June since residents are finishing their years and need evaluation. Regardless, it takes too much time so I've ignored them. Today I decided to give it to Edward so he could provide his own feedback. Needless to say, we will not be returning this by mail.

And here's one more for the adoring masses (i.e. Aunt Nora). Clearly he's tired of being cooped up in the house with his parents as we slog our way through Heatwave 2006. I was outside for a grand total of one hour this weekend--from 7:30 to 8:30 Sunday morning tying up the bountiful tomato vines in my garden. Ed only stayed out 'til 8, sitting in his stroller playing with toys, but then John took him back to the cool comfort of our air conditioned house. Another scorcher tomorrow, but then Wednesday is supposed to bring rain and relief!