Saturday, July 30, 2005

Welcome to the Kenyon family blog. It's been up since Memorial Day, but we're just now sharing it. We plan to use it, as the header notes, to share family news and random musings, and the first bit of news, as you can see if you read from the bottom, is that we're expecting another baby in January. I've been bursting to tell people all summer, but John has calmly played the voice of reason in this little drama, reminding me that even under the best circumstances it's best to wait at least until the end of the first trimester before sharing the news. And if you've come from our other blog, you certainly understand the many reasons this pregnancy can't be classified as routine.

I have the best doctor and a great medical facility practically in our backyard, so whatever is needed to keep us healthy will be done. Right now, other than a good diet and balance of rest and exercise, that consists of giving myself injections of heparin twice a day and taking a daily low-dose aspirin to keep my blood thin (clotting may have been a factor in my previous preeclampsia and HELLP syndrome) and having regular pre-natal check-ups every four weeks. The frequency of those checks will likely increase earlier than in most pregnancies. For those of you keeping track at home, I'm now 14 weeks along. I try to concentrate on each day, each week, and not let myself think too far ahead. There are just too many "what ifs."

No comments: